One of the things you learn on a raw vegan diet is how many dishes you can create. This raw spiced taco meat will have you thinking that you just cheated on the raw diet. The avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, and onion toppings are essential so don’t forget them!
Note: If the taco meat isn’t blending easily, add a little water to ease the blending process.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
For the Taco Meat
- 1 1/2 c raw almonds (soaked in water for 2 hours and then drained)
- 2 tsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- pinch of ground cayenne
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
For the Tacos
- 8 romaine leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 c cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until you get a texture that resembles ground meat.
- You may need to stop the blending process, scrape down the sides of the food processor, and then continue pulsing to blend everything together. Spoon into a bowl and set aside.
- Lay the romaine leaves out on a plate and get read to assemble the tacos. You should also have all of your veggies ready to go for toppings.
- Spoon a little bit of the almond taco meat in each lettuce leaf. Top with some avocado, tomato, cilantro, and onion to complete each taco. Enjoy!