Who doesn’t love tomato soup? It just seems to comfort the soul. You can still enjoy those classic flavors while you are cleansing with this raw and creamy soup. An insider tip is to blend it for a little longer to warm it up slightly.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 4 medium size tomatoes, cut into fourths
- 1/2 sweet red pepper (seeds removed), chopped
- 1/4 c chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not in the oil)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 of a medium-size yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 c well-packed basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 of an avocado, cut into chunks
- dash of sea salt to taste (optional)
- additional basil leaves, whole or chopped, for garnish
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until you get a mixture that is slightly chunky. Serve in bowls and top with additional basil leaves.
This soup doesn’t take long to blend, especially if you have a high-power blender. It should take a minute or two to blend all the ingredients. If you have a lower-power blender, it may take a little longer.