If you are in need of a meal that is reminiscent of a tuna sandwich, this is the closest that you are going to get on a raw diet.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- Yield: 3-4 wraps
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Appetizers & Snacks, Sides, Entrees, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian
For the Raw Tuna
- 2 c raw sunflower seeds (soaked for 2 hours and then drained)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan salt (or sea salt is fine)
Optional Filling Ingredients
- 1 c red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 c purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 c cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- Add all of the Raw Tuna ingredients to a food processor and blend until chunky (similar to the texture of actual tuna salad). Spoon the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Prep your optional filling ingredients and then get ready to assemble your wraps.
- Place one collard leaf on a cutting board and spread a little bit of the "tuna" across the leaf. Place your desired filling ingredients in a row towards you and roll up the leaf to create a wrap. Repeat until you have about three or four wraps. Enjoy!