Sometimes, you just need a little dessert in your life to make the day a little bit better. There’s something about a sweet treat that can lift your spirits, turning a bad day into a good day. This isn’t to say that you should resort to desserts whenever you’re feeling down, but a healthy dessert every now and again doesn’t hurt your waistline.
Satisfying in both texture and flavor, this raw vegan almond butter mousse ranks high in our dessert book. It’s rich in healthy fats and fiber and boasts tons of nutty flavor, without being overly sweet. In fact, you’ll probably notice that this is mousse is very delicate, which is why it pairs beautifully with fresh fruit. In the picture, you’ll notice that bananas and chopped almonds are atop the mousse, but you can add sliced strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries if you want. The tartness of the berries complements that nutty flavor of the almond butter mousse.
Because this is a mousse, the goal is to make it as light and fluffy as possible. What that means is that you have to whip the ingredients with a hand mixer after incorporating them. Because the ingredients are raw vegan, you may not get the classic whipped texture you know and love from a mousse. You may get there or you may get close. Just keep the mixer running on medium speed until you achieve the texture you desire.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- Serves: 4 servings
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Desserts, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 2 c homemade almond milk
- 2/3 c raw almond butter
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 3 tbsp. raw agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix together with a for or whisk. You want to combine them before you use the hand mixer.
- Whip the ingredients with a hand mixer until you achieve a fluffy consistency. This should take a minute or so.
- Spoon the mousse into cups or bowls and enjoy. Top with banana slices, chopped raw walnuts, or fresh strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries.