During your raw vegan journey, it’s essential to find healthy replacements for foods you enjoy. Cheese is a “necessity” for many people, but it contains unhealthy fats and can cause excess mucus and inflammation. Although this raw vegan almond parmesan is dairy-free, it does provide the saltiness you crave from traditional parmesan cheese. And instead of being acidic, this parmesan has an alkalizing effect on the body.
Almonds are rich in healthy fats, protein, fiber, potassium, and vitamin E. Nine almonds contain the recommended daily amount of vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant that encourages healthy skin, hair, cholesterol, and hormone levels. The body needs vitamin E for enzymatic activities, neurological processes, and for healthy organ function.
It’s very important that you use raw almonds for this recipe. Firstly, you cannot eat roasted and seasoned almonds during your cleansing experience. Most importantly, though, raw almonds won’t alter the flavor of the parmesan. You can typically find raw almonds at most grocery stores, but you can also find them from online retailers. The most important ingredient, besides the raw almonds, is the nutritional yeast. This is the ingredient that brings the “cheesy” flavor you crave. It also supplies the body with an array of nutrients, including vitamin B12. The garlic powder and salt add more layers of flavor. There’s no time to waste. Let’s get to blending!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1 c raw almonds
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until you get a fine, powder-like consistency.
- Make sure that you do not blend too long, or it will start to turn into nut butter. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- You are able to sprinkle it zoodles, salads, or even dips that you make.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two months, if you manage to keep it around that long. It is just so good!