The raw vegan diet is only limiting if you are not thinking outside the box. There are so many raw renditions of classic favorites, including this banana cashew yogurt. This yogurt is filling, non-dairy, silky smooth, and 100% raw vegan. You won’t even believe that it’s non-dairy!
The great thing about cashews is they blend easily, especially when you soak them overnight (or at least a couple hours). We’ve made a lot of yogurts out of cashews in our day, and this is by far one of our favorite recipes. Once you make it realize how delicious it is, leave us a comment telling us how much you love it.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1 c raw cashews (soaked in water for 2 hours and then drained)
- 2 large bananas, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2/3 c water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp. blueberries (for topping)
- a couple banana slices (for topping)
- Add all of the ingredients (except the blueberries and banana slices for toppings) to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until you get a silky consistency.
- Spoon into two separate bowls and top with a few extra banana slices and the optional blueberries.
- If you do not consume it right away, it will stay fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for two days.