Snacking may be one of the greatest pastimes, but it can do the body more harm than good. Most snack items are filled with hydrogenated oils, processed sugars, dyes, flavorings, and excess sodium, but not these brownie bites. These bites provide you with a lot of protein and healthy fats, which help to keep you full between meals.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 3/4 c raw cashews
- 3/4 c raw walnuts
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 c raw cacao powder
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. raw cacao powder, for dusting (optional)
- Add the cashews, walnuts, and shredded coconut to a food processor and blend until you get a fine meal.
- Add the cacao powder and dates to the processor and blend until you get a homogenous mixture. This will take a couple minutes, and you may have to stop blending, scoop down the sides, and continue blending.
- If the mixture is too dry, feel free to add a teaspoon of coconut oil or grade A maple syrup to aid the blending process.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon-sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You have the option to dust them with raw cacao powder prior to placing them in the freezer for a couple hours to set.
- After two hours in the freezer, remove the brownie balls and enjoy. You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three weeks.