It’s time for some raw baking! Well, let’s leave out the “baking” part and consider the process to just be blending. This may very well be the best raw carrot cake you ever eat, so get yourself ready for a homemade, restaurant quality dessert.
- Prep Time:20m
- Total Time:20m
- Yield: 16 pieces
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Desserts, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
For the Carrot Cake
- 2 1/2 c shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 c raw walnuts
- 1 c Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 c dehydrated unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- pinch of sea salt
For the Frosting
- 1 c raw cashews
- 1/4 c water
- 3 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 c coconut oil, melted
- raw walnuts and extra cinnamon, for garnishing
- Line an 8"x8" baking dish with parchment paper, ensuring that the edges of the paper hang over the sides of the pan.
- After shredding the carrots, set them aside while you blend the walnuts and dates together in a food processor. You should get a uniform crumb that sticks together if you press it.
- Add the carrots, coconut, spices, and pinch of sea salt to the processor and continue blending, scraping the sides as needed. This is your cake.
- Scoop the cake out of the processor and press into the parchment paper-lined pan until it is smooth on top. Place this in the freezer while you make the frosting.
- Add all of the ingredients, except the coconut oil, to the food processor and blend until you you get a silky smooth puree. While blending, slowly pour in the coconut oil until it is well combined.
- Remove the carrot cake from the freezer and pour the frosting on top of the cake. Cover with plastic wrap and freezer for at least two hours.
- When you are ready to serve, remove the cake from the freezer. Pull up on the sides of the parchment paper to remove the cake from the pan. Let it thaw for 15 minutes.
- Top the cake with chopped walnuts and cinnamon. Cut into 2"x2" squares and enjoy.