This raw vegan “chicken salad” recipe obviously does not taste like chicken. The texture, however, makes this raw vegan recipe feel like you are eating the real thing.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 2m
- 1/4 c raw sunflower seeds
- 1 c raw cashews
- 1 c raw pecans
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 apple, cut into chunks
- 1 celery stick, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp. fresh or dried dill
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until your mixture is thick. You don't want it to become creamy; rather, you want it to retain some texture.
- Empty the mixture into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for a half hour to allow the flavors to intensify. Make sure that you don't have too many leftovers because it will only keep fresh in the fridge for a couple days at most.
- Serve by itself or use this as a filling for raw wraps or lettuce wraps and top with your favorite veggies.