- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:2m
- 1/4 c sunflower seeds
- 1 c cashews
- 1 c pecans
- 1 cucumber (peel first if your skin is tough) (cut into chunks)
- 1 small red onion Half of an apple (cut into chunks)
- 1 celery stick (cut into chunks)
- 1 tsp. fresh or dried dill
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Throw everything in a food processor. (Do not use your blender for this.)
- Process very briefly until your mixture resembles the above photo.
- You can let this raw recipe sit for half an hour or so to let the flavors combine briefly, but this raw vegan meal does not keep for very long so eat up!
- Serve as above, in lettuce wraps, in a hollowed out sweet bell pepper, or serve with avocado chunks on top!
You will need a food processor for this
In order to make this recipe you need a food processor. And be warned, this recipe should only be food processed for literally just a few seconds (depending on the strength of your food processor) because you want to keep this raw mock chicken salad recipe quite chunky. In other words, do not overprocess. I like my raw vegan mock chicken salad to be similar in texture to the photo. Warning: This recipe DOES NOT keep well so you may want to half the sizes if you have a small household. Truly, it’s best fresh so plan to eat it all right away.