This recipe goes to show you that you can have your dessert and drink it too. We had to modify that saying a little bit to accommodate this recipe for a raw vegan chocolate banana smoothie. Imagine any chocolate milkshake you’ve ever had. Now, imagine it tasting better than you remember; that’s this recipe. Not only does it taste delicious, but it’s also beneficial for your health. Made with bananas, cashews, grade A maple syrup, and raw cacao powder, this smoothie is a wonderful sweet treat for anyone following a raw vegan diet.
If you want to amp up the health benefits and add a little kick to this smoothie, we encourage you to add a dash of cayenne. Get on that sweet heat train! Chocolate and chili is a classic culinary pairing, and quite a surprise for your taste buds. The rich, slightly bitter flavor of the cacao pairs beautifully with the spice and pepperiness of the cayenne. Don’t feel pressured to add cayenne, but it may change your life. That’s all we’re saying. Enjoy!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 3 bananas, peeled, cut, and frozen overnight
- 1/2 c dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. raw agave nectar
- 1/2 c raw cashews
- 2 c homemade almond milk
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne (optional)
- handful ice cubes
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. It does not have to be completely smooth. A little chunkiness or viscosity is perfectly fine for this milkshake-like smoothie.
- Pour into separate cups and enjoy. This makes enough for 2 people.