This unique take on a salad and coleslaw, ladies and gentlemen, only requires one primary ingredient. Cabbage is the only vegetable that you need, although you can carrots, parsley, and other veggies that you enjoy. It’s a simple creation that has a boasts a lot of flavor. The spices assert themselves in the dressing, with the curry powder and cumin introducing themselves to your palate first. The coconut aminos provide a complementary sweetness and the acidity of the lemon gives the slaw a refreshing, zesty bite.
The great thing about cabbage is that it is a wonderful vessel that holds up for hours. That means that you could dress the shredded cabbage in the curry dressing, store it in the fridge, and eat it hours later. In fact, that’s one of the reasons this recipe is a great picnic item for warmer days. It’s light, crunchy, and it even helps to enhance hydration, given that cabbage is 92% water. Cabbage also provides a lot of vitamin K, vitamin C, folate, and manganese!
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 c desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 c cold-pressed olive oil
- 1/4 c coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp. sesame seeds (not roasted)
- 1/3 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- Add the shredded cabbage to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and toss to evenly dress the cabbage. Serve and enjoy.