Gingerbread is one of the classic holiday items, and there’s no reason why it needs to be exclusively for people who are not cleansing or raw vegan. Every raw vegan deserves to delight in the spicy sweetness that is gingerbread, so we went ahead and found the perfect raw gingerbread energy bite recipe.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Total Time: 20m
For the Gingerbread Bites
- 1 c Medjool dates, pitted & roughly chopped
- 1 c raw pecans
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. raw agave
- 3 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder, for dusting
- 1 1/2 tsp. melted coconut oil, for drizzling
For the Gingerbread Balls
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until you get a crumb-like consistency.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into one-inch balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Once you are done, place the baking sheet in the freezer for 20 minutes, or until chilled.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and enjoy.
- Once you remove the balls from the freezer, you have the option to dust them with raw cacao powder or drizzle melted coconut oil on them.
- You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple weeks.