Have you ever tried homemade walnut milk? Not only is it raw vegan and cleanse approved, but it is also dairy-free, paleo friendly, and gluten-free. Almond milk usually steals the spotlight in the nut milk world, but walnuts milk is luscious and creamy. It is alkaline forming and filled with omega-3s, which are essential fatty acids that are great for our brains and hearts.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 1 c raw walnuts (soaked in water for 8 hours then drained)
- 3 c filtered water
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- After you drain the soaking liquid, rinse the walnuts to remove any anti-nutrients or enzyme inhibitors.
- Add the rinsed walnuts, water, vanilla extract, and maple syrup to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve or nut milk bag and strain into a large glass jar. Store the walnut milk in a sealed glass jar in the fridge for two to three days. Enjoy!