Frozen honeydew pops, also known as Melona Bars, are a classic Korean frozen treat. They are rich in sugar, dairy, and they tend to hit the spot on a hot day. They have gained more popularity in the Western world, with their signature rectangular shape and stark honeydew green color. While these treats are delicious, we wanted to give this beloved honeydew ice cream dessert a raw vegan spin.
Don’t let the raw vegan element steer you away from this dessert because it is every bit as delicious and sweet as the original. The best part is that you don’t have to feel weighed down by all the dairy. You shouldn’t experience a dramatic spike in blood sugar either! All you need is a blender, three ingredients, and a popsicle mold. Well, you also need a freezer!
Despite the prominent melon flavor, these ice pops have a creamy, rich texture. Fresh honeydew, which is in season during the spring, is wonderfully juice and oh so sweet. If you go to a farmer’s market, that’s where you’ll find the freshest varieties. The agave nectar adds an extra touch of sweetness, while the raw almond milk gives these pops their signature creaminess. Let us know how you like these bars in the comments below.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- Serves: 6 servings
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Desserts, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 4 c honeydew, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1/4 tbsp. raw agave nectar
- 1/2 c homemade almond milk
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness to your liking. Honeydew can vary in sweetness, so more agave nectar may be necessary.
- Pour the mixture into ice pop molds and place popsicle sticks in the center of each pop, unless your mold already has handles.
- Place in the freezer until completely hardened. Remove from the freezer and enjoy.