The word “sorbet” sounds like it should come from a four- or five-star restaurant, but it is very easy to make. You can achieve a luxurious, flavorful sorbet with a few simple ingredients, the primary of which is ripe fruit. Always choose very ripe fruit for your homemade sorbet recipes because it has the highest natural sugar content. That way you don’t have to add additional natural sweeteners!
When you make this kiwi sorbet, you should choose kiwis that are almost too mushy to eat. That’s when you know your recipe will blow your taste buds away. The first thing to do is to peel and slice your kiwis into thin rounds. Lay the flat slices on a tray or baking sheet that you line with parchment paper or silicone mat. Place the mat in the freezer for about one hour or so. Freezing the kiwi slices overnight or for several hours will make it difficult to blend them in the food processor.
Once you take the slightly frozen kiwi slices out of the freezer, it’s time to make the sorbet. All you have to do is add the kiwi slices to the food processor, along with the other ingredients, and blend until smooth. The ideal consistency is creamy and smooth, so continue blending until you achieve optimal smoothness. All you have to do is pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm. Scoop, serve, and enjoy your refreshing kiwi sorbet.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 8 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 4 tbsp. raw agave nectar
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tbsp. filtered water
- Peel and sliced the kiwis and space them out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place the tray in the freezer for one hour and then remove.
- Add the slightly frozen kiwi slices and the rest of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container and then freeze until firm. Scoop, serve, and enjoy.