Even though this lasagna isn’t cooked, it boasts some pretty bold and classic Italian flavors. The cashew cheese has the same consistency as the ricotta or mozzarella cheeses you know and love. Make sure that you cut the zucchini thick enough to support the layers, but not too thick because it can be a little tough to chew.
- Prep Time: 20m
- Total Time: 20m
For the Raw Lasagna
- 1 small-medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- Dried basil to top
For the Cashew Cheese
- 1 c raw cashews
- 2 1/2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Pinch of dried basil
- Pinch of sea salt
For the Basil Pesto
- 3/4 c fresh basil
- 1/3 c raw almonds
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Blend together all the cashew cheese ingredients until receiving the desired texture. The less water you use, the thicker your cheese will be. Set cheese aside.
- Blend the basil and almonds together, slowly adding lemon juice and olive oil. Blend until it becomes a rich, hearty texture, and add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Now that you have everything ready it\'s time to prepare your raw lasagna. Take one zucchini slice and place tomato slices and pesto on top, layer with another slice of zucchini, then spread graciously with cashew cheese, repeat until desired height/amount of lasagna is reached. Top with dried basil and nutritional yeast. Serve and enjoy!!