Get your zoodles ready because this sauce was made to dress them. Made with a select number of ingredients, this raw vegan marinara is has incredible depth of flavor. This goes to show you that you don’t need 50 ingredients and four hours of cooking to make a delicious sauce.
One important rule for this sauce is that you must purchase the sun-dried tomatoes that do not come in oil. When you take them out of the package, make sure to soak them in water for at least 20 minutes. The reason you do this is so they blend more evenly into the sauce.
- Prep Time:25m
- Total Time:25m
- 1 c sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 1 lb Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. shallots, minced
- 1/2 c basil,
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in water for 20 minutes.
- While the sun-dried tomatoes are soaking, prepare the remaining ingredients and add them to a blender.
- Drain the water from the sun-dried tomatoes and add them to blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend on high until your sauce is smooth. Taste and adjust the flavor as necessary.
- Use the sauce immediately or store in the fridge until you are ready to use it. It will stay fresh for five days if you keep it in an airtight container in the fridge.