There’s no denying that mayonnaise is an incredible condiment. It can enhance the flavor of a dressing, sauce, slaw, sandwich or burger. The problem with store bought mayonnaise is that it has a ton of oil, eggs, dairy, unhealthy fats, and lots of other processed ingredients. Naturally, it would be great to have a low-calorie, healthier version that doesn’t contain all of those ingredients. That’s why we made this recipe for you.
This oil-free, raw vegan mayo is made from wholesome ingredients. That means you don’t have to sacrifice your health to enjoy the creamy condiment that exists in many recipes. Unless you are allergic to nuts, this mayo is allergen friendly. Now, if you have a nut allergy, you can substitute the raw cashews with raw pumpkin seeds, but understand that they will give the spread a greenish hue. Pumpkin seeds have a buttery consistency when you blend them, so they enhance the luxuriousness of any condiment or spread.
After you blend all of the ingredients together (using a food processor is the preferred method), make sure to store the mayo in an airtight jar or container in the fridge. If you keep it in the fridge, you have to use it within five to seven days, or else it will go bad. Should you want it to last longer, you can freeze it for up to two months. Use it the same way you would regular mayonnaise when you’re ready. We hope you enjoy it.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 1 c raw cashews (or raw pumpkin seeds)
- 1/3 c filtered water
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- Add the cashews to a food processor and blend until they are almost a flour-like consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the processor and blend until you achieve a smooth and creamy texture.
- Spoon into an airtight container or jar and then refrigerate until ready to use. It tastes best when cold. Use within five to seven days.