Get out your dehydrator and ready your taste buds for some serious deliciousness. These raw vegan “meatballs” are a game changer, especially if you miss cooked food while cleansing. They are more labor intensive than a simple salad, but sometimes you have to get manipulate ingredients to create raw entrees.
This recipe is purely for the “meatballs,” but we imagine that you’ll want a sauce to go with them. We recommend pairing these with our raw vegan marinara sauce recipe (click here to view that recipe). Leave the sauce blending for a few extra minutes to naturally warm it up. Sauce up the “meatballs” and dig in! You can enhance the dish even more by adding zoodles to the mix!
- Prep Time: 1h
- Total Time: 1h
- 1 c raw walnuts, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1 date, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 c celery, finely diced
- 1/4 c red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 c carrot, grated
- 1/4 c zucchini, grated
- 1/4 c flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. red onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until thoroughly mixed. You may need to stop blending, scrape down the sides, and continue blending so it can evenly combine.
- Once the mixture is well combined, use a tablespoon to portion out about 20 balls. Transfer the balls to dehydrator sheets and dehydrate at 115º F for 6-8 hours.
- If you decide to make the raw marinara sauce to go with these balls, do it right before you remove them from the dehydrator.
- Remove the balls from the dehydrator, plate them up, and enjoy your meal.