Have you had that moment during you’re cleanse that almost caused you to break down and cheat on the diet? Don’t worry because you’re not alone. It’s very common for people to crave the foods they used to eat. The diet can be challenging at times and it feels like you need to eat something with more substance. That’s where mushrooms come into play. You see, mushrooms have a meaty texture and help you feel full. Plus, they are naturally rich in vitamin D, which everyone could use more of these days.
The one thing to keep in mind about this ceviche recipe is that the mushrooms have to marinate in the citrus juices overnight. That’s why it calls for trumpet royale mushrooms, which are thick enough to maintain their form as the marinate. After the overnight marination process, simply add the other ingredients to the mushrooms and plate the meal. If you feel like getting fancy, use a mold to plate the ceviche just like it is in the image. You don’t have to do that, though.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- Serves: 4 servings
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Entrees, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 8 oz trumpet royale mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 c freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 c tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp. jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1/3 c red onion, diced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- Add the chopped mushrooms, lime juice, and lemon juice to a large airtight container and mix well. Cover the container and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the mushrooms from the fridge and pour out about half of the juice from the container.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the container and mix well to combine. Let the ceviche sit for 20 minutes so that the flavors can intensity.
- Plate the ceviche and enjoy. You can enjoy it on its own or accompany it with a small salad.