If you have a nut allergy and are cleansing, this is the raw taco meat that you’ve been looking for. This is by no means lacking in flavor, either. You can wrap this mixture in collard leaves or add it to your salads for an added protein boost. If you want to prep a larger batch as part of a raw meal prep, this will keep in the fridge for up to one week.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 2 c carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 c raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 c raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a food processor until you get your desired texture. It shouldn't be too clumpy.
- Store this in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. It actually tastes better the day after you make it because the flavors have had a chance to intensify.