For Raw Vegan Nutella
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract (non alcholol derived)
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
for 1/2 cup almond milk (recipe provided below)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (recipe provided below)
- 1 1/2 c whole raw almonds
- 4 c water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp. grade b maple syrup
- dash cinnamon
For the Raw Vegan Nutella
- In a food processor or high speed blender, blend the nuts until they begin to form a paste.
- Add coconut oil and continue blending until it starts getting smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for a while until creamy and spreadable.
For the Almond Milk
- Place almonds in a bowl and cover with water. It’s preferred to soak them overnight (for 8-12 hours) in the water, but you can get away with soaking for 1-2 hours in a pinch.
- Rinse and drain the almonds and place into a blender.
- Blend on highest speed for 1-3 minute depending on your blender.
- Place a nut milk bag or fine strainer over a large bowl and slowly pour the almond milk mixture into the bag. Gently squeeze the bottom of the bag to release the milk.
- Rinse out blender and pour the milk back in. Add the cinnamon and maple syrup and blend on low to combine.
- Pour into a glass jar to store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. Shake jar very well before using as the mixture separates when sitting.
Notes:Almond Milk Additions
If you would like it a little sweeter add:
• 2-4 pitted Medjool dates*, to taste
• 1 whole vanilla bean*, chopped (or 1/2-1 tsp vanilla extract)
• small pinch of fine grain sea salt, to enhance the flavor
(If your dates or vanilla bean are dry/stiff, soak in water to soften before use.)