- • 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract (non alcholol derived)
- • 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- • 4 tbsp maple syrup
- • 1/8 tsp sea salt
- • 1 tbsp coconut oil
- • 1/2 cup almond milk (recipe provided below)
- 1. In a food processor or high speed blender, blend the nuts until they begin to form a paste.
- 2. Add coconut oil and continue blending until it starts getting smooth.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients and blend for a while until creamy and spreadable.
- Almond Milk Recipe
- Ingredients• 1.5 cups whole raw almonds• 4 cups water• 1 tsp vanilla extract• 1.5 tbsp grade b maple syrup• dash cinnamon
- 1. Place almonds in a bowl and cover with water. It’s preferred to soak them overnight (for 8-12 hours) in the water, but you can get away with soaking for 1-2 hours in a pinch.
- 2. Rinse and drain the almonds and place into a blender.
- 3. Blend on highest speed for 1-3 minute depending on your blender.
- 4. Place a nut milk bag or fine strainer over a large bowl and slowly pour the almond milk mixture into the bag. Gently squeeze the bottom of the bag to release the milk.
- 5. Rinse out blender and pour the milk back in. Add the cinnamon and maple syrup and blend on low to combine.
- 6. Pour into a glass jar to store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days. Shake jar very well before using as the mixture separates when sitting.
Notes:Almond Milk Additions
If you would like it a little sweeter add:
• 2-4 pitted Medjool dates*, to taste
• 1 whole vanilla bean*, chopped (or 1/2-1 tsp vanilla extract)
• small pinch of fine grain sea salt, to enhance the flavor
(If your dates or vanilla bean are dry/stiff, soak in water to soften before use.)