The combination of orange and chocolate is a true culinary classic. The refreshing citrusy notes balance the rich intensity of the chocolate. Since this recipe calls for raw vegan cacao powder, which is bitter in nature, we added dates to provide the classic sweetness. This is a dessert after all!
Some people don’t think that a pudding like this will taste good because they see avocado on the ingredient list. Listen, folks, you can easily mask the flavor of avocado. The avocado is merely in the recipe to help achieve that classic creamy pudding texture. It is quite flavorless, so the cacao powder, dates, orange, and vanilla are what you taste.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
- 1 1/2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 c avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 c dates, pitted
- 1/3 c raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 c freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until you get a smooth, pudding-like consistency.
- You may need to stop blending midway through, scrape down the sides of the processor, and continue blending to ensure everything is thoroughly blended.
- Spoon the pudding into a bowl and enjoy.
- Before you enjoy, you can refrigerate the pudding for 30 minutes if you prefer it to be a cooler temperature.