Food can be the savior you need at the end of a long day of work. That doesn’t mean you have to eat your feelings; rather, it means that a tasty meal can lift your spirits. And a refreshing dessert on a hot summer day is the perfect way to wind down.
Classically, most desserts contain a lot of unhealthy sugars, refined carbohydrates, and very little nutrients. This raw vegan peaches and cream recipe satisfies your sweet craving and offers many nutritional benefits. Many people refer to peaches as “the fruit of calmness” because they help to naturally lower stress levels. Reports say that eating a peach a couple hours before bedtime can promote more restful sleep. Plus, peaches offer a seductive sweetness with just the right amount of tartness. While they are available throughout the year, the best varieties are available during summer.
While you will not be opening a can of whipped cream, but cashew cream that pairs with the peaches may be better. Not only is it silky smooth, but it is a much healthier whipped cream alternative. Just don’t eat the entire batch by yourself because you’ll rack up the calories quickly.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 1 c cashews (soaked in water for 1 hour)
- 1/2 c homemade cashew milk
- 2 tbsp. raw agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 5 peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 c of raw pecans (optional topping)
- After soaking the cashews, strain the water out.
- Add the soaked cashews, cashew milk, raw agave, and cinnamon to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides halfway through to ensure everything gets blended.
- Spoon the cream into four separate bowls and top with sliced peaches and optional pecans. Enjoy!