The fall and winter months often feature roasted root vegetable dishes made for holiday meals. Well, raw vegans can enjoy root vegetables, too! Butternut squash is actually an easy squash variety to incorporate into raw vegan dishes. The creaminess and sweetness make it excellent for blended recipes, like this puree.
The addition of pear to this squash puree adds a wonderful sweetness that is quite addictive. In fact, it’s so good that you’ll probably come back for a second helping. If you do want to showcase a healthier dish at the Thanksgiving table, or you just want a light fall-themed puree, this is your go-to recipe. We hope you like it as much as we do!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and cubed
- 3 c butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tbsp. rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 c chopped raw pecans (optional topping)
- Add the pears to a food processor and pulse until completely liquified.
- Add the squash to the food processor and blend until a smooth puree forms.
- Spoon the puree into a medium-sized mixing bowl and season with the ground cloves and ground coriander. Mix well to combine.
- Top the puree with chopped rosemary and optional chopped raw pecans. Enjoy!