Believe it or not, you can purchase raw pistachios that are unshelled. Roughly 90% of that fat in pistachios is unsaturated, making them excellent for cardiovascular health. Pistachios are rich in thiamine, vitamin B6, potassium, manganese, copper, fiber, protein, and a variety of antioxidants. Needless to say…these energy bites are little nutrient powerhouses!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 1/2 c raw almond butter
- 1/2 c raw pistachios
- 1/2 c raw sesame seeds
- 1 c medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the sesame seeds, to a food processor and process until everything is sufficiently blended. Mix in the sesame seeds by hand after the blending process.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and begin forming little balls, which should be about the size of a tablespoon, and place them on the baking sheet.
- Once you finish making the balls, place the baking sheet in the fridge and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes. Remove them after this and enjoy.
- You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy them as you please.