Whether you believe it or not, it’s possible to warm up your body with food on a raw vegan diet. This doesn’t involve heating the food up, so hold your horses. It does, however, involve blending the soup for an extended period of time. Not only does this help to break down the fibrous pumpkin meat, but the high-speed revolutions naturally warm up the soup. This soup also contains warming spices that help to comfort the soul. You can add a little dash of cayenne to turn up the spice level and to increase the warmth!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
- 4 c baby pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2 c water
- 1/2 c raw cashews
- 1/8 c fresh dill
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz away.
- Make sure to leave the soup blending for at least five minutes. This will help make it soft, fluffy, and slightly warm.
- Stop blending and adjust the seasonings as necessary.
- Pour the soup into two separate bowls and top with optional raw dill.