Get your blender out and ready your taste buds for a delectable raw vegan red pepper soup. Using cashews as the base, this raw soup is delightfully creamy and offers fiber, protein, and vitamin C. The trick to naturally warming up this soup is to leave it blending for five minutes. The high-speed revolutions will give the soup some warmth to comfort the soul.
Now, we feel it’s important to highlight how nutritionally dense bell peppers are. They have high water content and one red bell pepper satisfies 169% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C. Additionally, they contain powerful carotenoids that help to improve eye health. In fact, these carotenoids protect the retina from oxidative damage. What’s the best part about these benefits? You get to reap them all when you consume bell peppers in their raw form, like in this soup.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 1 c red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 c raw cashews
- 1/3 c filtered water
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 c red bell pepper, diced for topping
- 1 tbsp. parsley, chopped for topping
- Add all of the ingredients (except for the 1/2 cup of diced bell pepper and chopped parsley for topping) to a high-speed blender. Blend until you get a smooth mixture.
- Continue blending for about four or five minutes to let the soup naturally warm up.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and top with chopped bell pepper and parsley. Eat immediately.