Sun-dried tomatoes have a very distinct flavor that creates the perfect dip. Combine them with the signature flavor of garlic, freshness of basil, and the crisp bite of green onions and they taste even better. It’s important that you don’t buy the sun-dried tomatoes that come in oil because they are not raw. Buy the sun-dried tomatoes that come dehydrated in a plastic bag. Just make sure that they don’t contain sulfur.
- Prep Time:30m
- Total Time:30m
- Serves: 2 people
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Dips & Spreads, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1 c raw cashews
- 1 c sun dried tomatoes (not oil-packed!)
- 1/2 c water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green onions
- 5 large fresh basil leaves
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- pinch of pepper
- Soak the cashews and sun dried tomatoes in warm water for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- Place the cashews and sun dried tomatoes in a food processor or blender. Start to puree, then drizzle in the 1/2 cup water. Puree until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Refrigerate until serving.