This tahini ranch dressing is very similar to our raw vegan cucumber ranch dressing (click here for recipe). The primary difference is that it is seed-free, nut-free, and oil-free. That doesn’t mean that it lacks flavor, though. In fact, this raw vegan rendition of a classically unhealthy ranch dressing bursts with flavor. The nuttiness of the tahini is the perfect creamy base. This makes the dressing ultra thick and even more delicious. Unlike dressings that contain nuts or seeds, this recipe blends easily so it’ll be ready in under five minutes.
One thing to note about raw tahini is that it tends to separate when you store it in the pantry. That means that you have to give it a good shake before you pour it into the blender. If you don’t shake it before blending, your dressing may be too thin and not as flavorful as it should be. Lastly, the amount of water we list in the ingredient section is just a standard recommendation. You can always add a little more if the consistency turns out too thick for your liking. Remember that the dressing will thicken up when you store it in the fridge. When you add more water, only add one tablespoon at a time to avoid thinning the dressing too much.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 3/4 c tahini
- 1 tbsp. dried dill
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 c filtered water (or more as needed)
- 1/2 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Start with one cup of the filtered water and add more as needed.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over your salad and enjoy.
- Store any leftover dressing in a glass jar in the fridge for up to one week. Always stir or shake the dressing before each use.