We have several recipes for raw tacos on our website, but we wanted to change it up a bit. These raw tostadas are full of bold flavors that all complement each other. You’ll need extra romaine lettuce leaves to serve as the taco shells.
Note: In the picture, you’ll notice that the tostada is on a tortilla, but tortillas are not cleanse-approved so don’t eat them! Use the lettuce leaves!
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
For the Taco Meat
- 1 1/2 c raw walnuts, ground in a food processor
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tbsp. liquid aminos
For the Toppings
- 1 c romaine lettuce, shredded
- Tomato-Free Salsa With Mango & Jicama
For the Cashew Cheese
- 1/4 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 c liquid aminos
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/4 c raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- Add the ground walnuts to a small mixing bowl and stir in the cumin, chili powder, coriander, and liquid aminos. Set aside once it is thoroughly mixed.
- Combine all of the cashew cheese ingredients in a food processor and blend until you get a smooth consistency.
- To assemble the tostadas, lay raw romaine leaves on a plate and spoon some of the taco meat on the leaves. Drizzle cashew cheese sauce over the meat and top with salsa and shredded lettuce.
- Serve and enjoy!