How do you create a milkshake on a raw vegan diet? Do you add ice to homemade almond or cashew milk and then add other ingredients to flavor the shake? Smoothies occasionally contain ice, but milkshakes don’t. This means that you need to get creative in order to achieve the thick and creamy consistency you want from a milkshake.
This recipe may not be the best milkshake you’ve ever tasted, but it may come close. The reason for this is because of once special technique that helps you achieve a luxurious, creamy consistency. Once you make the almond milk, which is a very easy process, you pour some into an ice tray to make almond milk ice cubes. Once the cubes are frozen solid, you are ready to make the milkshake.
The key to making this vanilla milkshake taste amazing is to use high-quality, alcohol-free vanilla extract. If you want to get really fancy and spend a lot of money on this recipe, use real vanilla bean, but this isn’t a necessary step. Alcohol-free vanilla extract, however, is the only variety that you can use if you are participating in one of our cleanses. Finally, the greatest thing about this raw vegan milkshake, besides the amazing flavor, is that it has fewer calories than a traditional milkshake. Let us know how you like it in the comments below.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- Serves: 2 servings
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Desserts, Smoothies & Juices, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 3 c homemade almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tbsp raw agave nectar
- Once you make the almond milk, separate about 1.5 cups and combine it in a glass measuring cup with the agave and vanilla extract.
- Stir the ingredients and then pour that mixture into an ice tray and place in the freezer until the cubes are completely frozen.
- Remove the almond milk ice cubes from the freezer and add them to a blender, along with another 1.5 cups of almond milk. You can use less almond milk to start if you want a thicker milkshake.
- Blend the mixture until it is the consistency that you prefer,. Pour into two cups, top with some optional chopped almonds, and enjoy.