- 3 c walnuts (soak for at least half an hour to soften – rinse and discard water)
- 1/4 c raw soy sauce (nama shoyu)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup onion
- 2 medium-sized carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- A pinch of salt
- Throw everything in a food processor (except the soy sauce). (Of course, make sure you soak and rinse your walnuts first. Soaking your walnuts is to soften them. Rinsing your walnuts removes the enzyme inhibitors and will make your raw vegetable cream cheese taste better.)
- Process the raw vegetable cream cheese in your food processor until it become a smooth, cream-cheese-like consistency.
- Add the soy sauce near the end and then process again. The reason you are adding the soy sauce last is because if you add it at the beginning it might splash all over the place while the walnuts are flying around inside. Best to wait until it’s smoother before adding the soy sauce to your raw veggie cream cheese recipe.
- Serve this vegetable-flavoured raw cream cheese on cucumber rounds. The flavour of the cucumber and the raw cream cheese recipe go together in a heavenly way. Don’t know what a cucumber round is? It’s easy to figure out! Slice an English cucumber into chunky rounds that resemble crackers. Spread the raw cream cheese recipe on top. Tadah!
add soy sauce
This combination also makes a perfect appetizer, but I prefer to have a huge plate of them for dinner! PS: The soy sauce gives this raw vegetable cream cheese recipe its taste so do not attempt to make this recipe without the soy sauce.