Hold the fish and rice and check out these raw sushi rolls. If you are a fan of sushi and are missing it while you are on one of our cleanses, this is the perfect recipe that isn’t a regular salad. It’s a chance to get creative and expand the possibilities of what eating a raw-foods diet really means. If you feel like you must have that a little bit of soy on your raw sushi, drizzle some Bragg’s liquid aminos on your roll. Have fun making sushi!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 1 pkg of Nori Sheets
- 2 large carrots, cut in half and sliced thin
- 1 cucumber, cut in half and sliced thin
- 1 head of purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 c spinach (more or less as desired)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 avocado, sliced lengthwise
- 1 c raw hummus (ingredients below)
Raw Hummus Ingredients
- 2 medium zucchini, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/4 c lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 c sesame seeds, soaked, 4 hours rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c tahini
- 1/4 c parsley, chopped
- Take a nori sheet and spread some hummus all over it, leaving a little room around the edges.
- Place veggies in the center, carrots, cucumber, red pepper, avocado, spinach, and cabbage.
- Roll up as tightly as you can and cut into 1 or 2 inch slices. Repeat process for all sheets.
- Literally that's it, how easy and amazing for you, Enjoy!
- Combine all the ingredients, except the sesame seeds and tahini, into a high speed blender and process until smooth. Add the tahini and sesame seeds and process once again until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into a shallow bowl and garnish with parsley, paprika and a drizzle of olive oil if desired.