It’s amazing how seasonings can transform ordinary walnuts to taste like zesty, spicy taco meat. When you take a bite that contains some walnut meat, cilantro, tomatoes, lettuce, and the bite of red onion, you’ll think that you’re at a little cleanse-approved cantina!
- Prep Time:20m
- Total Time:20m
For the Walnut Meat
- 1 c raw walnuts
- 2 tsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tsp. filtered water
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
For the Tacos
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 c red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 c cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 6 butter lettuce leaves, to serve
- To make the walnut meat, add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until thoroughly mixed and crumbly. Scoop the walnut meat into a bowl and set aside.
- After prepping the ingredients for the tacos, place the butter lettuce leaves on a couple plates. Assemble the tacos by placing about one to two tablespoons of the walnut meat in the center of each lettuce leaf.
- Place a small amount of the tomato, red onion, romaine, and cilantro, in each taco. Serve with lime wedges and enjoy.