Soaking the zucchini noodles and vegetables in the fresh lemon juice brings a lovely acidity to the dish that complements the raw alfredo sauce. The vegetables marinate while you make the alfredo sauce, so it’s perfect!
- Prep Time: 20m
- Total Time: 20m
For the Zucchini Pasta
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 2 heaping cups baby spinach, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- Small handful fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Hemp Seed Alfredo
- 1/2 c raw cashews (soaked in water for 2 hours and then drained)
- 1/2 c shelled hemp seeds
- 1/2 c homemade almond milk
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add the zucchini noodles, bell peppers, and spinach to a large mixing bowl. Squeeze the lemon juice in the bowl and toss to coat. Let this soak for about 10-15 minutes.
- While the veggies are marinating in the lemon juice, make the Hemp Seed Alfredo.
- Add all of the Alfredo ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the basil to the bowl of veggies and pour the desired amount of Alfredo sauce into the bowl as well. Season with a little sea salt and black pepper and mix well. Any leftover sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight glass jar for about 3-5 days.
- Serve the zoodles into bowls and enjoy.