You don’t need a lot of ingredients to have an amazing salad. A few simple ingredients can create amazing flavor combinations. Plus, eating this salad is a great way to get phytonutrients that are only available in purple-colored produce items.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 1/2 head of organic red cabbage
- 2 bunches of flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped finely
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 8 green onions (white and green parts), chopped finely
- cracked pepper and sea salt, to taste
- Cut your cabbage into pieces and place in batches in your food processor, and pulse quickly just a few times, until chopped roughly. Don't process too much or your cabbage will be like rice.
- Toss the cabbage, parsley, and onions with olive oil and lemon, and season to taste. It is that easy. I have put the quantities as a rough guide – I probably use a LOT more olive oil and lemon juice. You might like less.
- This is a very basic salad – which is what I love about it. But feel free to experiment, and jazz it up with some olives or garbanzo beans – just for a couple of ideas that have worked well for me.