The beautiful kick of ginger is mellowed by the agave syrup in this lemonade recipe. You essentially have to make ginger tea and cool it before mixing it in with the water and lemon juice. In case you were wondering, yes, this is a Full Body Cleanse approved recipe. All you are doing is making tea. And, no, this does not give you the go ahead to start cooking food while cleansing.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
- 7 c filtered water
- 2/3 c raw agave syrup
- 3 -inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 c fresh lemon juice (about 6 small lemons)
- Take one cup of water and add it to a saucepan over medium-high heat. Mix in the agave syrup and chopped ginger. Bring this to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Let this mixture cool down at room temperature for 30 minutes. Remove the ginger chunks, transfer to a heat-safe container or jar, and refrigerate until it is completely cool.
- In a two-quart pitcher, combine the lemon juice, the ginger mixture, and the remaining six cups of water. Stir well and serve over ice.