Avocado may not seem like the first ingredient to add to a smoothie, but it is a wonderfully creamy base. It adds a subtle buttery quality, and you don’t even taste it. The reason for this is because the flavors of the other ingredients overpower it. In the case of this smoothie, the crisp cucumber, zesty lime, and herbaceous cilantro command the attention of your taste buds.
Avocado, cucumber, and cilantro, you say? Yes, way! This is not an evil concoction that makes you think of guacamole; rather, it is a refreshing blend of ingredients that nourish the body. It’s perfectly normal to be skeptical, but trust us when we say many people love this recipe. This smoothie offers healthy fats, protein, magnesium, potassium, antioxidants, vitamin C, and more. Start sipping now!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- Serves: 1 serving
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Smoothies & Juices, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1 small avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 c cilantro,
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 c filtered water
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a tall cup and enjoy.