When fresh cranberries appear in grocery stores, you know the holidays are around the corner. They are festive, bright, and exhibit a strong, tart flavor. You can incorporate them into both raw and cooked recipes, from salads and smoothies to scones and roasted vegetables. These types of dishes seem to perk up with the addition of fresh cranberries. Not only that, but fresh cranberries pack a serious nutritional punch.
These little red cranberries inspired us to make a raw rendition of a classic holiday punch. Forget the cans of unhealthy, sugary cranberry juice because you have access to the real thing! Did you know that your average can of cranberry juice can contain over 230 calories and 53 grams of sugar in just one serving? That is too much, people! Fortunately for you, this holiday punch uses fresh ingredients, so it is low in sugar and calories. The only sugars that it contains are completely natural.
Make sure to buy an extra orange because adding thin orange slices to the pitcher is a nice aesthetic. Plus, that infuses a little more orange flavor into the punch. You can also add a cup or so of cranberries to the pitcher of punch. Cinnamon sticks also infuse an aromatic essence that you and your guests will surely enjoy. Flavor the punch to your palate, so long as the ingredients are raw vegan.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 12 oz raw cranberries
- 6 c filtered water, divided
- 1 large orange, zested and juiced
- 1 -inch piece ginger root, peele and roughly chopped
- 1/3 c raw agave nectar
- Add the cranberries, 2 cups of water, orange zest and juice, and ginger to a food processor and process until you achieve a smooth slurry.
- Transfer this mixture to a large bowl and stir in the remaining four cups of water. Place this in the fridge for at least an hour so that the flavors can infuse.
- Remove from the fridge and strain the mixture into a pitcher through a fine mesh sieve.
- Add the agave nectar and stir to combine. Add optional orange slices, cranberries, and cinnamon sticks to the pitcher and enjoy.