This is a refreshing take on an Asian classic. The sweetness of the mango, combined with the creaminess of the avocado, and all of the other ingredients make this dish unforgettable. These are crunchy, sweet, spicy, and all of the other words that describe deliciousness.
For the Spring Rolls
- 6 sheets Vietnamese rice paper
- 1 avocado, cut into thin strips
- 1 cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 3 small carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1 mango, cut into thin strips
- 3 green onions, cut into rings
- 1 c red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 c fresh mint
- 2 -3 cups Romaine lettuce, cut into thin stripes
For the Sauces
- 1/4 c organic peanut butter
- 2 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 -4 tablespoons warm water
- 1/2 tsp. Sriracha sauce (optional)
- After prepping all of the spring roll ingredients, fill a shallow bowl with room temperature water and put the rice paper sheets inside. let them soak for a little, but don\'t let them soak for too long otherwise they'll become soggy.
- One by one, you are going to make the spring rolls. Lay one sheet of rice paper on a flat surface and put your toppings in the center. Roll it like a burrito.
- To make the peanut sauce, whisk all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Serve on the side with the spring rolls.