- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1½ inch chunks
- 1 c cooked chickpeas
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and sliced into 1½ inch pieces (around 10-12 spears)
- ½ small red union, cut into thin slices
- 2 cloves garlic, un-peeled
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ lemon squeezed
- drizzle of maple syrup
- salt & pepper to taste
- sprinkle red pepper flakes
- handful fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until firm
- Spread the asparagus on a baking sheet and sprinkle onion over it. In the corner of the sheet, place the unreeled garlic cloves. Roast until asparagus is tender but still crisp, about 10-15 minutes, stirring once. Remove from oven.
- Make balsamic dressing by whisking balsamic vinegar, ½ lemon juice and drizzle of maple syrup.
- Add chickpeas to large frying pan. Add half the balsamic vinegar and cook until warm & a little sticky. Add asparagus, onion, potatoes and remaining dressing. Use a small knife and cut the skin around each garlic clove. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins into the frying pan. Toss and remain over heat another 2-3 minutes until everything is hot. Season with salt, pepper & red pepper flakes. Throw some fresh basil on top. I like to squeeze some fresh lemon on top.