Combining Brussels sprouts with sweet ingredients like cranberries and balsamic vinegar is one of the best ways to balance their flavor. Whether you want to use some of falls best flavors or make a delicious side dish for your holiday meal, this recipe does all of that and more!
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 15m
- 1/2 c barley
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, de-stemmed and halved
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 1/2 c dried cranberries (no preservatives or sulfur)
- 1/3 c pecans
- First and foremost, prepare the barley according to the package instructions. Once it is finished, set aside.
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season with sea salt and pepper and cook for 7-9 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup into the pan and toss to coat. Remove from heat and empty the Brussels into a large bowl.
- Add the barley, cranberries, and pecans to the same bowl and mix to combine. Enjoy!