If you’ve been searching for a fun, delicious, and healthy game-day meal option, here it is! The spicy avocado crema could be had by itself. We tried it and almost forgot about making the rest of the tacos. Because of cauliflower’s texture and the spices that this recipe calls for, you won’t even realize that it isn’t meat.
For The Taco Filling
- 1 head cauliflower, florets
- 1/4 c + 2 tablespoons plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 c white beans
- 1 c purple cabbage, thinly slices
- fresh cilantro, for topping
- fresh lime juice, for topping
- jalapeño slices, for topping (optional)
For The Spicy Avocado Crema
- 1 c spinach
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro
- 2 slices of jalapeño (optional)
- 2 1/2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 c water
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond milk, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, sea salt, pepper and cayenne until smooth. Add in the cauliflower florets and mix until all are well coated in the mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and soft.
- In a food processor, blend all of the ingredients for the Spicy Avocado Lime Crema until smooth and creamy. Texture will be thick, similar to mayo.
- Assemble the tacos. I started with the cabbage, cauliflower, white beans, more cabbage, cilantro, jalapeño and then the lime crema. A good squeeze of fresh lime juices adds a nice touch as well!