You don’t have to eat a mound of carbs if you want to eat pasta. Spiralizing zucchini to make noodles is great substitute! If you have secret sauce ingredients or family recipe ingredients that you’d like to add to this recipe, go ahead and season away!
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:35m
- Total Time:45m
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 bulbs garlic + 1/2 tsp olive oil for roasting
- 1/2 c nutritional yeast
- 1/2 c onion, diced
- 1/2 c vegetable stock
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 zucchinis cut into noodles with a spiralizer
- fresh parsley or basil for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and drizzle a little olive oil on a baking sheet. Halve the bell peppers, remove the seeds, and place them on the baking sheet.
- Cut the tips off the garlic bulbs and wrap them in tin foil, drizzling a little olive oil inside before you wrap them up. Place them on the pan with the peppers and bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes.
- While the peppers and garlic are roasting, spiralize your zucchini and set the noodles aside.
- Remove the garlic and peppers from the oven and, after removing the tin foil around the garlic bulbs, add them to a blender. Save for the zucchini noodles, add the rest of the ingredients to the blender as well. Process until smooth.
- Top the zucchini noodles with the sauce and garnish with freshly chopped basil or parsley.