This recipe could not be easier, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t tasty. Make sure that you purchase sweet baby pumpkins because those are the best pumpkins to cook with. Their inherent sweetness pairs beautifully with the spices and once you blend everything up, you get to slurp a creamy, delicious soup.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:40m
- Total Time:50m
- Serves: 2 people
- Category: Soups & Stews, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1 lb sweet baby pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 c low sodium vegetable stock
- pumpkin seeds (optional topping)
- chopped parsley (optional topping)
- Preheat the oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Place the pumpkin pieces on the baking sheet, season with sea salt, drizzle the olive oil over the pieces, and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Then remove the baking sheet from the oven and add the apple slices, garlic, and mix everything up before placing back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes to roast.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer everything to a blender. Add the onion, black pepper, cayenne, and vegetable stock to the blender and blend until silky smooth. If it is too thick, you can add a touch more vegetable stock.
- Ladle into bowls and top with optional pumpkin seeds or freshly chopped parsley. Enjoy!