We love our raw vegan dips, but sometimes we enjoy making roasted salsas. Each bite contains a hint of char, which is balanced by the sweet, tangy, and subtly spicy flavors. All you have to do is roast the ingredients in the oven and blend them up. Let the dipping commence!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 25m
- 3 lb tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes
- 2 large jalapeno peppers
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 8 segments
- 1 head of garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
- large handful of cilantro, stems and leaves
- juice of 1 lime
- sea salt, to taste
- Set the broiler on your oven to high.
- Place the tomatillos, cherry tomatoes, jalapenos, onion segments, and garlic cloves on a large roasted pan.
- Place in the oven and broil for 6-7 minutes, or until the ingredients have started to blacken. Remove from the oven, flip the ingredients with a pair of tongs, and place back in the oven to broil for an additional 6-7 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and let them cool for 15 minutes. Remove the seeds from the jalapenos (or leave them in if you like spice), and then add all of the roasted ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor. Add the cilantro, lime juice, and sea salt to the blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Enjoy the salsa!