Watermelon is one of the most popular summer fruits. It’s nourishing and helps us stay properly hydrated in the heat because it is 90% water. Proper hydration is crucial because it helps keep your metabolism running smoothly. Watermelon is loaded with lycopene, an antioxidant compound that can help lower blood pressure levels. It also has high concentrations of an amino acid that helps relieve muscle soreness. As if watermelon wasn’t doing enough for you, you can blend the rind with the melon and lemon juice to get an excellent dose of chlorophyll, which is important for a healthy heart and immune system.
- Prep Time:2h
- Total Time:2h
- 1/2 a watermelon, cubed (about 8 cups of large cubes)
- 2 fresh large sprigs of rosemary
- 6 strawberries, hulled and quartered (optional)
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced (optional)
- Working in batches, blend the watermelon cubes until pureed. Pour liquid through a medium mesh strainer to remove some of the pulp.
- Pour the juice over the rosemary sprig and refrigerate for several hours.
- Add the strawberries and kiwi fruit for an additional flavor boost.
- Yields about 2 quarts of juice.