This may be the easiest dehydrated zucchini chip recipe on the planet. This is great news if you are cleansing because these healthy snacks are 100% cleanse-approved. The only thing to keep in mind is that you need to thinly slice the zucchini. It’s best to use a mandoline slicer so that all the slices are exactly the same. You want them paper thin for maximum crispiness.
If your zucchini chips are soggy, there may be several causes. You either used too much oil, you didn’t dehydrate them long enough, or you store them improperly after dehydration. It’s important to store any leftover chips in an airtight container to ensure optimum crispiness. Lastly, don’t take them out of the dehydrator until they are crisp.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 10h
- Total Time: 10h 15m
- 4 c zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Make sure to cut thinly slice the zucchini on a mandoline slicer. The thinner the better!
- Add the sea salt, pepper, olive oil, and vinegar to a large bowl and whisk quickly to combine. Add the sliced zucchini to the bowl and toss to coat in the dressing.
- Arrange the zucchini slices on dehydrator trays. Place them in the dehydrator and dehydrate at 115º F for 8-10 hours, or until crisp.
- It is a good idea to remove the trays halfway through the dehydrating process, flip the zucchini slices, and then place them back in the dehydrator for even cooking.
- Once they are crisp, remove from the dehydrator and enjoy.