In case you have been living under a rock, shishito peppers have become one of the most popular appetizers on restaurant menus. With a very mild heat that is complemented by the inherent sweetness, shishito peppers are able to hold assertive flavors like lemon and garlic.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 15m
- 1 lb shishito peppers
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- large metal or wooden skewers
- juice from half of a small lemon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt, or more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Toss the shishito peppers with the olive oil in a large bowl.
- Warm a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the peppers to the pan after 20-30 seconds.
- Saute the peppers, mixing every 30 seconds or so, until you see blister marks on the skins (about 5 minutes).
- During the last minute of cooking, add the lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper and toss well. Remove from heat and serve immediately.